Saturday, September 27, 2008

So Long Butch, We'll Miss You





I was heartbroken this morning to hear of the passing of a true classic movie star of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Our beloved Paul Newman has lost his battle with cancer at the age of 83.


I don't know of anyone in the country that hasn't found at least one of Newman's characters to fall hopelessly in love with. Whether you love the steamy and sultry Ben Quick, the moody and brooding Brick of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", or the iconic, precocious and forever playful Butch Cassidy, you're sure to have loved Paul in some way. Even straight men would have to admit that while they don't feel the attraction to Ben Quick, they secretly admire Cool Hand Luke.


I completed this prismacolor drawing of Paul as Butch Cassidy a few years ago. Over the summer I began an oil painting of him. Regrettably, I don't have a photo of it to post. But, as you see, Newman has been an inspiration to me for a long time.


For more news about Paul's passing, click on the following link.

No comments: