Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Garvan Gardens Series


Since I've continued to procrastinate about drawing and painting I've decided to continue with blogs about photography. Some of my favorite photographs I've taken are of the beautiful plantings at Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
These were taken last year (2006) around Easter. This dogwood flower is one of my favorites. I had just had my digital camera stolen and had bought a new (and better) one. I stopped at Garvan Gardens to try it out. I had never been there before and wasn't sure what to expect. I was overwhelmed. It's a beautiful place. I'll share the pictures over the next few days. I don't know that any of the pictures have a special message behind them, but I'll try to be inspirational. Nature always brings out the philosopher/spiritualist in me. This bloom seemed to be new, pristine, perfect in its form. I'm so glad the photo turned out well. I hope you enjoy it. I'll post more on the Flickr album.

No comments: