Monday, April 23, 2007

Melancholy Memories

Ah, Vegas. It was only last month but already it feels like a lifetime ago. I've previously posted pictures of the gaudy Vegas, i.e. Harrah's, Venetian, Caesar's. But, I've not posted the pictures of the more romantic side of Vegas. This is the Belaggio fountain. The water is choreographed to the most beautiful music. The scale of the spectacle is dramatic and hard to describe unless its seen in person. I'll just say that when each jet of water goes off it sounds like a shotgun firing. Its a very powerful experience.

This picture was taken at sunset. You can see the sky glowing slightly warmer near the horizon. You can see the bluish gray clouds hovering just above the treetops. The fountain lights had just been turned on and the base of the waterworks is faintly illuminated. It was a wistful and romantic evening. Its how I choose to remember my time there. This is probably the last of the Vegas pictures I'll post. I'm about to retire this series. So, its appropriate that I end it with a picture of the fountain at sunset. This was my favorite evening in Vegas. If anyone is interested in seeing more of the Vegas pictures check out my web album by clicking on the Flickr link.

No comments: