Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wow, I'm Popular!

1600 + hits to Gemini Art Blog

As Galinda sang in the musical Wicked, "You gotta be popular." I would never have believed such a thing about myself, but it appears to be true. Perhaps I'm exaggerating a little. I personally am not all that popular but "Gemini Art" appears to be.

As a geeky little kid in the small town where I grew up, I didn't get much attention. You know how it goes; wrong clothes, wrong looks, wrong friends, wrong orientation. However, lately I appear to have gotten something right. Apparently I have achieved a little bit of attention for myself while hiding behind the pseudonym of "Gemini Art."

A new friend who is far more computer savvy than myself had checked the statistics on my little blog and told me that I have attracted a respectable audience. Not only that, but the hits were coming from all over the world. I just do this as a hobby. Its the way I vent my primal yawp upon the world. Its the conversation that goes on in my head that no one else hears. I had no idea that anyone else was paying attention except a few local friends who laugh at my foolishness. But, out of curiosity I checked my Google analytics tab. Sure enough, I've grown an audience. Since last year at this time my blog has received more than sixteen hundred visits! It also appears that there have been hits from almost every continent on the globe except Antartica. I'm speechless.

What's the next step? I don't know. I really don't feel I've, "found my voice," as Hillary has. Some days I talk art. Some days I talk about my personal life and the gay experience. Sometimes I just pontificate about how the world should be and my observations about that. So, I don't really know what people are coming here to read. If I figure that out, I promise to do more of it. Until then, you're just stuck reading my editorial nonsense that passes for satire and commentary.

But, if any of you have found something that was special to you in the blog, let me know what it was. I'm always happy to hear from readers.

No comments: